Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Over the Weekend

Last weekend was great. It was the first time in a long time that I didn't have to work. Which usually results in me missing out on alot of fun things. To start the weekend off, Nick came home with a new addition to the family. His own little budgie named Clemonie. Nick bought the bird to play his pan flute to and hopefully she will sing back. She is still pretty timid, but alot of progress has been made. She is still young and has a ways to go. Nick made it very clear that it is his bird. Only his hand goes into the cage so she can bond to only him. This is Clemonie:)
After the purchase of Clemonie, being the softy that I am started to feel bad for Mikayla that here sits this budgie at her level but she must leave her be. So I decided to get Mikayla her own bird for her room. I got her a cockatiel that she named Rocky. She thinks her hair looks like a rockstar lol. We have decided to mark on her calender when her cage must be cleaned. This will be Mikaylas responsibility with my help where needed. Rocky is a really sweet bird that seems to adore Mikayla. They do everything together from dancing to painting. She is super quiet too which is a bonus! Here is Rocky


Saturday we spent with Melissa and Andrew. We took Mikayla to the zoo in the morning and met up later during the day at their place for dinner, a sleepover and some UFC. It was lots of fun:)





Sunday I had a soccer game which I always enjoy:) I also got to have a visit with my brother who lives in London. He doesn't get home all that often due to a busy work schedule so it was nice to see him. He spent the day catching up, goofing around with Mikayla and finishing it off with some Chinese food:) Picture courtesy of Mikayla

5 comments:

Gryper said...

I bet Mikki stops cleaning the cage before you do.

Cherylinn said...

I've been looking at each picture and laughed at the expressions on peoples faces.

Where Mikki is towing Nick in the wagon, check out the lady walking behind them is saying something regarding it.

Where Nick is pulling Andrew in the wagon the facial expression of the man sitting on the stool.

Then there is Mikki picking the monkeys nose...she has such class! lol.

I have also seen the video and a childs wagon with a weight restriction of 80 lbs. and two men trying to ride it down a hill.

Rockie is really neat and for Mikki it's a good thing she's already hand tamed.

Nick's budgie....what a darling and to see her reminded me of Spiket...Who was NIck's budgie when he was a youngster and he totally tamed her and she used to ride around on his head. She became an escape artist and no matter what security devices were used she always managed to get out of her cage.

SusanE said...

At day at the zoo with Nick and Mikki must be about the funniest thing going. I bet my cheeks would be killing me at the end of the day from all the smiling and laughing.

Cherylinn said...

I never noticed this but had it pointed it out me today. The picture where Mikki is picking the monkeys nose...While look at Andrew, the monkey is trying to grope him.

Fiddling Granny said...

Andrew should be ashamed, he let the monkey grope him!!

Cute birds!