Sunday, June 22, 2008

African Lion Safari

Yesterday we went to the African Lion Safari with Auntie Mouse (Melissa) and Uncle Andrew. Nick, Melissa and I had been before, but this was Mikayla's and Andrew's first time there. We had a great time. We drove through the Safari in the Marlymobile that John and Cheryl had let us borrow for the adventure. The baboons were the best part by far! We actually drove through a second time just to see the baboons again. They played with the wipers and jumped from car to car but the loved Lobby the lobster. Lobby is a little bobble head lobster that Mikayla brought back from out east last summer. Lobby has manage to travel on many road trips with us. After the first drive through of the safari we had some lunch, fed some goats, got some air brush tattoos and Mikayla went on a pony ride. We all ended up getting these little airbrushed tattoos and the girl working there must of thought we were crazy. It started out with just Mikayla getting a pink unicorn and then Nick and Andrew decided they would get tattoos too. The deal was that they would pick out each others tattoo and the colours they were airbrushed in. Nick ended up with a black and pink tattoo on his forearm that said "playgirl" and Andrew ended up with pink and purple tattoo in the same spot that said "babe". Melissa and I felt left out so we jumped on board. Melissa got a little red turtle and I ended up with a purple pig. We then hit up the gift store where Mikayla got a tiger mask hoping that she could scare the animals on the safari on our second drive through. I'm not too sure if it work but she sure did try. She even wore the mask out for breakfast this morning.
Here are some pictures from the day...
Some Cheetahs wrestling
Baboon on the windshield

They found Lobby!
The babies were so cute!

The 1st timers! Andrew looks more into it than Mikayla does!haha

Mikayla on her pony ride, she loved it!
I love this picture! While feeding the goats, she would laugh til the point of falling over!

Tough little girl..
My little tiger...

Tired after a long, fun day!:)

3 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

I love the contrast between the picture of her laughing and the picture of her sleeping in the car.

SusanE said...

The sleeping picture is wonderful. She obviously had a great day.

Cherylinn said...

Those are great...I'm glad you guys had so much fun but I do feel left out. I wanna go now. I think I will pack up the Marleymobile (love that) and go by myself.
I love that picture of her laughing, I can just hear her.