Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Seneca Graduation

So today was the big day...my graduation. The ceremony was really nice and it was great to officially be done! No more assignments, essays or exams!! I'm just glad I didn't fall on my face while receiving my diploma, that was my biggest fear...especially because I was wearing heels and I have enough trouble walking in bare feet as is. Over all it was a great day! We celebrated with my closest friends from school with a nice lunch afterwards. Also after the ceremony, while walking to the parking lot Safehaven called to offer me a position as a Residential Support Worker. Safehaven is a residential home just up the road from us for kids with severe disabilities and complex medical needs. I meet with my supervisor tomorrow to review and sign my contract and once that is done I can begin my training. Perfect timing! I can't wait to start:)
Here are some pictures from today...



Waiting to get gowned by our professor before receiving my diploma on stage



With a few friends from school after the ceremony


Some with Mikayla


...and my Mom and Nick

6 comments:

PRINCE CHARMING said...

Good job suge. now u can be my sugar moma

SusanE said...

Great pictures Lisa.... Congratulations.

Fiddling Granny said...

Congratulations Lisa, good for you! Awesome that you got a job right away! :-)

Cherylinn said...

WHAT TO GO LISA...CONGRATULATIONS.

YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF.

Cherylinn said...

that's supposed to say WAY TO GO LISA!....oops.

Pam, TJ, Nathan and Jordan said...

Good job girl!!