Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wonderland!

On Saturday, Nick and I met up with Thomas and Megan for a day of fun at Wonderland. The weather didn't look promising but the rain held out until we left. We were there for a good 4 hrs or so and manage to get in lots of rides because the lines were so short. We even rode the Behemoth! I must say that I wasn't scared until we actually started to go up the hill...its a lot taller than it looks! But by the end of it, it turned out to be my favourite ride and I'm sure Nick would agree. I would ride it over and over again if I could. Thomas might not feel the same way though. I think it was the mighty Behemoth that set off his motion sickness. He was a trooper though, and still went on a few rides afterwards even though he felt pretty crappy. We then hit up the game stands. Nick of course wanted to show off and play the game where you hit the huge sledgehammer on the target, and if you light up the tower and reach 100 at the top, you win a prize. Well of course with all his gym training this was easy for him and he took home the prize no problem. His prize was a 6ft tall stuffed Batman!! This guy is huge, and just happens to be one of Mikayla's favourite superheroes. We then headed over to ring toss. Nick and Thomas bought 40 rings for 5 bucks...and he was nice enough to let me toss a few. Somehow a managed to get a ring on the bottle with the my last toss. Complete fluke, I didn't even look where I was throwing so it took a while for me to clue in that I won. This prize was a 7ft long stuffed clown fish. Nick got the job of carrying him back out to the van...he said he weighed a good 10-15 pounds. So Mikayla scored on Saturday that's for sure! We couldn't wait to see her reaction when we picked her up from my mom's place...we kept it a complete surprise and even buckled Batman into the seat beside hers. The 4 of us then headed out for a great dinner at Kelsey! What an awesome end, to an awesome day!We all agreed we have to do this more often:)





6 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

Looks like Mikki really scored ... she'll be encouraging you two to go out by yourselves again!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cherylinn said...

Why was a comment deleted by an administrator?

When Nick told us about Batman and the Fish I never imagined them to be that BIG! That's great.

Glad you guys had a good time.

Nikki,Mikki and Me said...

They are huge eh!
Alittle too big!
The comment I deleted was some random person in like Greek or some language like that...it had a little blurp in some other language and then it said "warm" in brackets...it was weird. So I just deleted it lol :)

SusanE said...

The comment was spam... if you click the deleted permanently button you don't even see it was ever there. Weird that you have the "word verification" activated and still the spam got through.

Anyway. I would have loved to seen you guys leaving Canada's Wonderland with those stuffies.

blah blah blah said...

Megan: OMG I was waiting for these pictures. ANy kid would have been funny seeing two HUGE stuffies in the back of the car. The pics are really funny, they made me laugh. I would say no more stuffies for awhile.

Who am I to talk, I had like thousands of them, now they are in garbage bags collecting dust.